All Salt Lake County Center for the Arts venues are accessible to people with disabilities and offer wheelchair seating and assisted listening devices.
Wheelchair spaces and companion seats are reserved for the exclusive use of individuals with disabilities and their guests. The purchase or use of these seats by non-disabled patrons is prohibited and will result in seat relocation or forfeiture of the ticket and any ticketing costs.
Wheelchair spaces and wheelchair companion seats can be purchased at all points of sale, ticket window, telephone, and online. When purchasing a wheelchair space, you acknowledge that you or a member of your party requires accessible seating. You are also able to purchase up to three companion seats at the same price for the same performance.
At the Capitol Theatre, wheelchair seating is available in the back and the sides of the Orchestra level, as well as the rear of the Mezzanine level. At the Jeanne Wagner Theater, wheelchair seating is available at the rear sides and front center of the Orchestra level, as well as Box seats upstairs with a partially-obstructed view.
If you have any special requests or concerns regarding wheelchair and companion seating or other accommodations, please contact the Ticket Office at 801.869.6900.
You may receive a follow up call from the ticket office regarding accessible seating transactions.
ADA Information for Capitol Theatre
- Assisted Hearing Devices: Available upon request at Coat Check. No fee. FM radio system (30 units).
- Elevator: Accessible to all levels.
- Passenger Drop-off/Loading Zone: Located in front of the theatre on 200 South. 5 minute yellow curbed zone, just after crosswalk.
- Parking: One on-street accessible parking space east of the theatre on 200 South.
- Additional parking lots located near the theatre as well as metered parking.
- Restrooms: Accessible restrooms located on the main floor.
- Phone: Accessible phone with a TTY machine in the front arcade of the theatre.
- Automatic Door: Accessible main entrance only.
- Drinking Fountains: Accessible.
Ballet West is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. As part of our ongoing commitment, we are working to constantly improve our website to make it as accessible as possible.
The company has adopted the W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Level AA as its accessibility standard for all online products and services that the company designs, develops and/or procures, on or after the effective date of this Accessibility Policy. We are working to ensure, to the extent practicable, that new online products and services satisfy Level A and AA Success Criteria set forth in the WCAG 2.0. For pre-existing products and services, the company has already made significant enhancements to the online experience, and it continues to do so.
For Web content not accessible at this time, an equally effective alternative format will be provided. To request Web content in an alternative format, or if you have comments or suggestions on accessibility, please contact us at (801) 869-6922 or email@example.com.