Summer Intensive Housing & Meals
Housing for the summer session will be arranged through Ballet West. Housing rates include a meal plan as well as a transit pass.
Full 6-week Session: $2,575
within 14 days of acceptance notification
due by April 15, 2015
|Housing (6 Weeks)
June 22-August 1, 2015
Housing arrangements must be secured with a non-refundable deposit of $200 within 14 (Fourteen) days of email acceptance.
Full payment must be made no later than April 15th, 2015. Housing accommodations can not be guaranteed after this date.
No refunds will be given for early departure without medical documentation.
Check in/Check out information
- Full Session – 6 Weeks: June 22 – July 31, 2015
You may check in as early as 10 am on Sunday, June 21, 2015.
Please make sure that you have checked have arrived with enough time to attend the Orientation meeting at 6 pm on Sunday, June 21, 2015.
All dancers must be checked out by 9 am on Saturday, August 1, 2015.
Travel to and from Salt Lake City
All students from outside the Salt Lake City area are expected to make their own travel arrangements to and from Salt Lake City. Students will also be responsible for making their own arrangements for transportation to and from the Salt Lake International Airport to the University of Utah campus. The approximate cost for a cab from the airport to the University Guest House is $25 – $30 (not including tip). Please tell the Cab Driver to take you to the Heritage Center on the campus of the University of Utah. Driving directions from the airport to housing is listed below. Please send us an email with information about when you will be arriving. This will help us in our planning to meet you as you arrive in the dorms.
We will pair the participants in their rooms. Please direct roommate requests to Ballet West. Roommate request musts be emailed to Ballet West from each person concerned. Please send the request to email@example.com by April 1, 2015.
- A $1.00 fee will be charged each time a participant is locked out. Additional fees may apply. Lost key is $100.00 and lost swipe card is $25.00. These charges are payable to Ballet West.
- Dorm accommodations consist of a suite that has two students in a room, each with their own bed, sharing a corner bathroom with another two person room. Provided linens consist of sheets and a pillow case (for one provided pillow), a light blanket and one bath towel and face cloth. You are welcome to bring your own additional towels, blankets and pillows.
- Laundry (pay) machines are available in the dorms.
- A limited number of small refrigerators are available for a fee of $75. Visit the housing and activity fee payment page to make this payment.
2015 rates coming soon!
The University Guest House, our on-campus hotel, will be offering a special daily rate of $109 per night for parents June 7th – August 2nd, 2014 based on availability. The University Guest House is located in close proximity to the residence halls. When making a reservation please mention that you have a student in the Ballet West Summer Intensive. The toll free reservation number for the hotel is 1-888-416-4075.
Driving Directions for Salt Lake International Airport to Guest Housing at University of Utah
- Leave SLC Airport onto ramp towards I-80/City Center/Ogden/Provo
- Keep RIGHT
- Stay STRAIGHT and Exit 121, “600 South” and continue East on 600 South (Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd)
- Turn LEFT onto State Street (heading North) travel 0.3 miles
- Turn RIGHT at 400 South (heading East towards the mountains) travel 2.8 miles
- Turn LEFT onto Wasatch Drive (Mario Ceppechi Drive) Wasatch Drive becomes Medical Drive, travel 0.4 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto Hempstead, travel 0.3 miles
- Turn LEFT onto Fort Douglas BLVD and
- take an immediate RIGHT onto 2000 E/Lewis St
- The Heritage Center is at the Top of the Semi-circle Drive
Chase N. Peterson Heritage Center Conference Services Desk
151 S Connor Road, Fort Douglas
We have engaged a Resident Advisor and many Resident Interns to assist students with questions, supervise in the dorms and to be a liaison between the dorms and Peter Christie, Director of the summer Intensive. There is also a supervisory person on duty at the dorms. We will expect all students to coordinate with the Resident Interns to go off campus at any time.
All dancers are expected to follow the curfew times by being in your dorm room each day by the following times: 10 PM Sunday through Thursday and 11 PM Friday and Saturday for ALL participants.