Ballet West invites local choreographers to submit proposals for the company’s 2010 Innovations  program, May 22-29, 2010 at the Rose Wagner Theatre. Choreographers will be selected by Ballet West Artistic Director Adam Sklute and will have the opportunity to create a brand new work on Ballet West dancers.
Please submit your proposal in writing by October 9th, 2009
- You should consider using no more than 10 Artists
- You will have a small budget and will receive a fee
Your typed proposal must include the following elements:
- Overall Concept
- What style is the piece going to be i.e. contemporary ballet, classical ballet, modern, performance art, etc.
- Approximately how long your work is going to be, approximately how many dancers – male and female
- What kind of music, costumes, lighting, props, etc?
- Is there a story or theme associated with your work?
- Your resume and personal bio
Some things to keep in mind:
- Due to the limited budget, you should consider using music that is in the public domain; that is music/lyrics that were written before 1922.
- Your work should be very light in props and scenery; no large set pieces may be used.
- Specific artist selection for your casting will be done in coordination with other choreographers and artistic staff to avoid artists being in back to back works. If a compromise cannot be made final casting decisions will be at the Artistic Director’s discretion.
- While you must do much of the research into music rights etc…Ballet West will help where it can in facilitating.
- All final programming decisions will be made by the Artistic Director
How to submit your proposal:
Please deliver to Heather Thackery:
- In person at the Ballet West offices: 50 West 200 South, Salt Lake City (Typed propsal)
- Or via email: email@example.com