Updated: June 11, 2008
Section 1 - What Personal Information Does Ballet West Collect?
- Information You Provide. Ballet West receives and stores information you enter, with the exception of credit card information. Only the last 5 digits of your credit card is stored for the purpose of order confirmation.
You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. Ballet West uses the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our Website, and communicating with you. In addition, if you choose, Ballet West may share your information with other companies who provide goods or services that you are interested in. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection in Section 4 of this policy.
- Other Information. Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, Ballet West automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
- Information from Other Sources. Ballet West might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This may include updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that Ballet West can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
Section 2 - How Does Ballet West Use Your Information?
- Customized Shopping. Ballet West uses your information to better serve you by providing a customized shopping experience. As noted above, you may “opt-out” of this customization, or even visit and shop anonymously.
- Agents. Ballet West employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Special Offers. Ballet West may send you special offers from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers. In addition, Ballet West may also send you special offers from other companies. Again, you may “opt-out”. If Ballet West send you offers from other businesses, Ballet West do not share your personal information with them. The offers come directly through us. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection at the end of this policy.
- Business Transfers. Customer information generally is a transferable business assets. In the unlikely event that Ballet West is acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Law Enforcement. If Ballet West receives a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then Ballet West will comply with the law. Ballet West will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Section 3 - How Does Ballet West Protect the Security of Your Information?
- Ballet West works to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Ballet West uses encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list.
- Ballet West uses a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- Ballet West limits access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
- Ballet West reveals only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, Ballet West transmits the entire credit card number to Authorize.net during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- No system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock can not guarantee physical security. However, Ballet West takes every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure.
Section 4 - Your Choice: Opt-in or Opt-out.
- Please send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of your products or services.
- Please do not send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of your products or services.
- Please send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of related products or services from other companies.
- Please do not send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of related products or services from other companies.
It is your choice whether to receive emails or special offers from us or others. If you wish to Opt-in or Opt-out please fax, email or mail your choice from the above options to:
50 West 200 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Section 5 - Other Websites
Section 6 - Contact Us